There’s nothing like football in the South! As Falcon’s fans, we are elated about the new Mercedes-Benz Stadium!! This new state-of-the-art facility will help bring more major events to the city! At only a small percentage over and above the cost to bring the Georgia Dome to current NFL standards, a new stadium just makes sense. It’s coming – let’s get your family ready!
Upon its completion in 2017, Mercedes-Benz Stadium will be a world-class sports and entertainment facility and home to the National Football League’s Atlanta Falcons and Major League Soccer’s Atlanta United. The multi-purpose stadium will host major sports and entertainment events, including the Super Bowl in 2019, the NCAA Men’s Final Four in 2020 and the 2018 College Football Playoff Championship game.
Because we are so excited, we are making an effort to keep you up to date on the progress of the stadium since we are really getting down to the wire now. Our effort is to make an easy guide that families can use as a resource when they head to a game (locals and visitors!) But we hope this is a resource that everyone can use – even without kids in tow!
Our first major update is about the food coming to the new Mercedes-Benz Stadium…but please check back regularly as we update you on family packages, fan experiences and much more!
Fan-First Food Options at Mercedes-Benz Stadium
We love that Mercedes-Benz Stadium polled over 4,000 Atlanta Falcons fans and Atlanta United supporters to determine the types of food and restaurants they would like to have within the stadium. Cool, right?
I’m also really excited that the stadium will offer some true examples of Atlanta’s best – new ideas from seriously awesome chefs and restaurants including Kevin Gillespie (my favorite chef eva!!), Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q and the Concentrics Restaurant Group (you know them – Parish, TWO Urban Licks, TAP, ONE. midtown kitchen, and more!)
OK – families are really going to love this, too…Earlier this year, Mercedes-Benz Stadium introduced a game-changing fan-first model for eats: they are offering concession pricing among the lowest in major league sports and entertainment venues – without sacrificing on quality food, variety and speed of service. Yay!
So – here’s what you want to know – which restaurants will be at the new stadium:
- Antico – locally owned authentic Neapolitan pizza
- Bruster’s Real Ice Cream – an Atlanta favorite, premium handcrafted ice cream made fresh daily
- Chick-fil-A – Atlanta’s iconic chicken sandwich and more
- Golden Brown & Delicious – a fun Southern concept from Concentrics Restaurants (mentioned above)
- Delia’s Chicken Sausage – Atlanta’s chef-driven, hand-crafted, all-natural chicken sausage
- Farm Burger – fresh, locally-sourced grass-fed beef burgers
- Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q – award-winning local barbeque
- Iberian Pig – local modern Spanish fare by the Castellucci Hospitality Group
- Jim N Nicks – traditional regional barbeque
- Kevin Gillespie’s Gamechanger – big flavors with playful riffs on American indulgence
- King of Pops – Atlanta’s own artisanal popsicles with thoughtful ingredients and interesting flavors
- Miss D’s Popcorn – local Atlanta popcorn, pralines and sweets
- Snackology 101 Market – locally-owned curated line of natural and organic foods
- Sublime Doughnuts – Atlanta’s own chef-inspired doughnuts and gelato
- The Varsity – Iconic hotdogs and part of Atlanta’s history since 1928
We’ve got Atlanta best chef, best pizza, best doughnuts, best popsicles, best chicken sandwich, best pralines, best BBQ (you get where I’m going here…) all under ONE ROOF. It’s a foodies paradise!
I’m heading to an event on Wednesday where I’ll learn more about the eats at the new stadium. I’ll be sure to update you here…and stay tuned for even more updates for families as they come in!